• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

xbox timer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
hey all i'm hoping there's some xbox savvy people here. i need to set my xbox so that it can NOT be used between 2AM and 9AM. does anyone know of any way i could go about this? i have seen the family timer option, but this does not do what i need. i need to have the thing be completely disabled between the specified hours, not just available for a set number of hours a day. any tips?

TIA!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
The only thing I can suggest is hide the power supply or AV cable so that the people intending to use it between those hours, can't.

OP
mck_tj05
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i guess i could just turn the circuit breaker off since it's in my room if there's no other way.. lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
my teacher has his kids power and tv and internet running through his room, and in his room has all of them on timers you could potentially do something like that.

k3s

Reaction score
There was a product i believe that clips onto the power source that had a lock on it. So you could lock it between those hours then unlock it when you need it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
tech free solution...
Take away the disks ;)

OP
mck_tj05
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cool thanks for the sugguestions!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.