Basic iTunes/Apple TV question

Reaction score
I have iTunes on my iMac. I also have content on an external drive. Other than importing all that content into the iMac iTunes Library, how do I get that to my Apple TV? I understand that I need to create a new iTunes Library, but I am not sure how I would do that on an external drive?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
If you're not worried about voiding your limited warranty, open it up and tweak it. Use Google to find the hacks you need.

You can enable AFP to copy directly to the machine, and add codecs like Perian to play videos other than QuickTime.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme
You could put your itunes library on your external hard drive. It's under preferences in itunes. Pretty simple to do. If you search the forums I'm sure you'll get tons of matches. Try itunes library on external hard drive or check these out.

Then whenever you add new media, just go to advanced > consolidate library.

Works great for me.

The tricky thing is, what do you do when you've filled all three of your 250GB external hard drives up? :D

--
MacGuy18

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.