• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

what is this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17", 2g ram, 160 g, final cut express
while checkin out my daily blogs i came across this.

img_4651.JPG

img_4654.JPG

img_4656.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Looks to me like a regular laptop that someone is running OS X on (or a theme I guess).

Is there a story behind the pics?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Looks like a PC laptop either running OSX or an OSX theme. That apple logo is clearly fake.

Der, I was beaten to the reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
to me it looks like a theme, look on the one shot of the computer with a "finder" window open.. it looks a lot more like a explorer window then a finder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
after further investigation of the photos, it is indeed a windows computer (look at the keyboard, theres a windows key not an apple one)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
An Acer laptop with Leopard installed? Have been reports of this in New Zealand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
That's not OS X. It's a skin for Windows. ( probably a version of FlyakiteOSX )

The shot of the Explorer window is a dead give-away.

Dude should just get a Mac and stop playing make-believe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
That's hilarious.

I admit, when I was a Windows user, I arranged my icons on the bottom row so it would look like a makeshift Dock.

*ashamed*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
That's hilarious.

I admit, when I was a Windows user, I arranged my icons on the bottom row so it would look like a makeshift Dock.

*ashamed*
Hahahahahahahaha that's hilarious!

At first i thought maybe it was a custom built computer set up to run OSX or something but it's pretty clear it's a theme now. The apple logo must be a sticker or something, or just photoshopped.

I'm curious as to why they took the shots with a fish eye, kind of pointless, unless it was intentional to make it harder to identify.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
That is a big, ugly laptop. I would be ashamed if Apple made a laptop as mundane as that.

k3s

Reaction score
Yea i would say it is a theme but interesting he would go to lengths to do that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
That is a big, ugly laptop. I would be ashamed if Apple made a laptop as mundane as that.

Main Entry: mun·dane
Pronunciation: \ˌmən-ˈdān, ˈmən-ˌ\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English mondeyne, from Anglo-French mundain, from Late Latin mundanus, from Latin mundus world
Date: 15th century
1 : of, relating to, or characteristic of the world
2 : characterized by the practical, transitory, and ordinary : commonplace <the mundane concerns of day-to-day life>

By that description I would count the MB and MBP as mundane. They're not flashy. White black and silver. There's realy nothing special about the layout other than the thin form factor and light up keyboard on the MBP. I guess you can at least count the MB as mundane. Now something like the look of the iMac or Mac Pro or Mac mini are not "ordinary"

But then again, I don't worry about the look of my computers too much. If that was the case, I'd have sent my MBP in to be laser etched to the red hot fiery place and back (I guess I'm probably not allowed to say the word on here without being reprimanded? It's not really cursing.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Etymology: Middle English mondeyne, from Anglo-French mundain, from Late Latin mundanus, from Latin mundus world
2 : characterized by the practical, transitory, and ordinary : commonplace <the mundane concerns of day-to-day life>

By that description I would count the MB and MBP as mundane. They're not flashy. White black and silver. There's realy nothing special about the layout other than the thin form factor and light up keyboard on the MBP. I guess you can at least count the MB as mundane. Now something like the look of the iMac or Mac Pro or Mac mini are not "ordinary"

But then again, I don't worry about the look of my computers too much. If that was the case, I'd have sent my MBP in to be laser etched to the red hot fiery place and back (I guess I'm probably not allowed to say the word on here without being reprimanded? It's not really cursing.)

MacBooks and MacBook Pros look far different than any other laptop you can find on the market. By that logic, it is not ordinary at all.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
after further investigation of the photos, it is indeed a windows computer (look at the keyboard, theres a windows key not an apple one)

and there's a backspace key, rather than a delete key...but surely we weren't ever actually thinking this was a Mac!

Take the badging off a Gateway, Dell, and HP laptop. Mix them up and it's hard to tell them apart. Open a white MacBook, and you can ID it from across a crowded room. There is something special about the Mac gestalt.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.