Hello, Help and Thankyou (in advance)

Reaction score
Hello to all forum members. Brilliant resource you guys have here! Its a shame my first post has to be one of this nature, but here it goes if anyone can help...

I have an Intel MacBook running leopard (10.5.1). I recently had XP installed on a partition through the bootcamp assistant. After realising I couldn't use the features I needed I decided to remove Windows XP (again via bootcamp), restoring the HD to one partition.

Unfortunately, now my Mac automatically starts by going into a black screen telling me 'NO BOOTABLE DEVICE--INSERT DISK AND PRESS ANY KEY' or something like that.

Now you guys are probably laughing at the mistake I've made but I'm confused as I thought it was deleted. I now have to hold 'alt' in just to select the Macintosh HD (which is the only option anyway)

Any ideas???

Do I need to re-install XP, the uninstall again?

THANKYOU:Oops:

Reaction score
Have you deleted the partition through the bootcamp assistant?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Not sure, maybe you had it set to auto boot to XP?
Give a try booting while holding down the option key and see if it allows you to choose your MacIntoshHD from there.

Nevermind I see you said that..

Go into system preferences - startup disk - and select your MacIntosh HD there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Go into system preferences - startup disk - and select your MacIntosh HD there.

Thats exactly what I was going to say.. should fix your problem right up.

But welcome to the forums! You are welcome to stay as long as you wish.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.