• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Help please..not spam, I promise..

Reaction score
All, I am spreading the word for a little fella that goes to the school where I teach (Fillmore Central School, western NY state 14735 zip, check it out for yourself if you want to)

This little guy has Burkitt's lymphoma, and is fighting for his life. He is 5. To give him hope, his parents have him set up to receive paper airplanes in an attempt to set a new world's record, and I am doing everything I can to help him, and to give him what hope I can. He is a really neat kid, trust me. Yes, I know him personally.

Again, this is not spam, I promise. I will personally answer all PMs about this post if I need to in order to prove this. It matters to me. My own students have created more than 7,000 airplanes for him, and I would like to push that number up. I am asking you folks to spread the word, and to make a few planes. If everyone tells a few people, the word will go around the world, and he will get more planes than he ever dreamed of. Lets give this little guy the gift of hope. It costs nothing more than postage.

Here is the original posting by his father, sent via email to the school:

My son Hunter has been diagnosed with a rare form of non hotchkins lymphoma called Burkitts cancer. It only affects about 300 children a year. Usually between the ages of 2 and 11 and its usually boys but can effect girls also. Burkitts is one of the fastest growing tumors that we know of. He went into the hospital on a friday and the tumor was about the size of a tennis ball. By monday it was a little bigger than a cantalope. He was started on cemo and it shut down his kidneys and then his liver started failing. On Wednesday, He told me that he could not see very good and then he quit breathing. He had tubes placed down his throat, nose, arms, and toes. He has swelling of the brain due to high blood pressure. Hunter went into the hospital weighing 40 pounds and now weighs about 70 because of fluid build up. He is now stable and is in the intesive care unit at Buffalo Childrens Hospital in Buffalo, NY. Hunter is only five years old. I would just like everyone to know, that Hunter has been set up with the guiness book of world records to try to recieve the most paper airplanes. Please forward this on to everyone that you know . All you have to do is make a paper airplane and write the state or the country you are from on the wing of your plane and send it to..
Hunter Winship (The Airplane Cancer Goal)
11227 North Hill Road
Freedom, NY 14065
United States of America

OP
W
Reaction score
Oh, and the reason I am posting on forums I visit is because few people can reach so many in so short a time as we computer people. Thanks for looking and considering this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.