Copying Pictures

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Hi Guys
Is there a way of copying a picture from the internet with the MacBook, with my Windows lappy, its right click>save as. But I find it a complete hassle with the Mac as it only seems to save the whole webpage.

Chris:Grimmace:

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
OP
chrisiw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Thanks for the info, its easyer than Windows then

Thanks
Chris

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the info, its easyer than Windows then

Thanks
Chris

Check out the video dude - that's the first one I've ever made with Jing. Isn't that awesome?

Reaction score
Check out the video dude - that's the first one I've ever made with Jing. Isn't that awesome?

Jing does sound interesting. What you created certainly looks quite good.

Programs like Jing and how easy it is to copy someone else's images, as demonstrated, are stopping many serious photographers and designers from displaying/sharing their work altogether.

Copying and outright theft has become a real problem for those who's careers depend on sales. It's pretty much impossible to display anything without someone using stealing it.

Jeff

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jing does sound interesting. What you created certainly looks quite good.

Programs like Jing and how easy it is to copy someone else's images, as demonstrated, are stopping many serious photographers and designers from displaying/sharing their work altogether.

Copying and outright theft has become a real problem for those who's careers depend on sales. It's pretty much impossible to display anything without someone using stealing it.

Jeff

Excellent point - and is precisely the reason I used my own avatar (which was taken by me) for this example.

With that said, I believe there are techniques in HTML that you can use to prevent image copying. Of course, some of them are easily thwarted by taking a screen shot and excerpting the wanted image. Either way, I'd say debates over intellectual property rights are sure to continue to rage on as digital media becomes more and more popular.

OP
chrisiw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
That a great vid, and love that "Desktop" shot you got

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.