How to I import Pic2icons to Candy Bar?

Reaction score
i cant seem to find the icons made by pic2icon. I cant just drag the picture cuz its too big. I also cant drag the icon from its get info. Any help would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
It's a little unclear what you're trying to do.
What's the picture you're trying to drag? An icon file, or the canvas of an image editing app? Also, why drag the icon from the Get Info pane? Never tried dragging before, I'd just copy and paste.

If you've exported icons somewhere, then all you should need to go is drag them into Candybar to have it work.

An alternative to pic2icon is fasticns - also freeware. Just drag an image onto it (I mostly use png) and hit save. It'll create the icon file for you. Then you should just be able to drag that onto candybar over the icon you want to replace.

OP
I
Reaction score
^ Thanks for the reply. I am under the impression that pic2icon doesnt seem to make a seperate icon file when you drag a picture into its well. But it does however make the icon on the original pictures "get info" or thumbnail. I might be completely wrong but I cant find any of the icon files anywhere. As a result I have to do the long way to replace icons and its getting a little old.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
^ Thanks for the reply. I am under the impression that pic2icon doesnt seem to make a seperate icon file when you drag a picture into its well. But it does however make the icon on the original pictures "get info" or thumbnail. I might be completely wrong but I cant find any of the icon files anywhere. As a result I have to do the long way to replace icons and its getting a little old.

that's odd that it isn't creating icon files. Give that app I mentioned a shot. Don't think it can do batches - just convert one at a time. So if it's a small number of icons you're working with, it should do the job just fine.

If you're not running Leopard, try looking for Pixadex. It's by the guys who made Candybar, and it's like iPhoto for icons. It should convert almost any image format to icons within the app, and you can then organise them. You should just need to drag from Pixadex to Candybar then.

If you're using Candybar 3.1.2, it seems that Pixadex is built in...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.