Unlocked- works?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Al iMac * 2.0GHz Intel
Hi Guys,

As a teenager, my parents won't let me take out a contract for my phone. I really like the iphone, and with all the new updates it sounds really nice.
Firstly, what i'd like to know is- do those "unlocked" ones you see on Ebay ect actually work?
Secondly, does the iphone now support video or no?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz 24"
Hi Guys,

As a teenager, my parents won't let me take out a contract for my phone. I really like the iphone, and with all the new updates it sounds really nice.
Firstly, what i'd like to know is- do those "unlocked" ones you see on Ebay ect actually work?
Secondly, does the iphone now support video or no?

Unlocked works fine, i and all my friends have one. Its better than the original as it lets you use third party apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
I believe the word you are looking for is "Jailbroken". While further discussion of it (including how to do it) will not be provided here, "Jailbreaking" allows for 3rd party apps as well as using an iPhone without signing a new AT&T contract.

"Unlocking" allows for both 3rd party apps AND using the iPhone with carriers OTHER than AT&T.

Reaction score
just to throw in my 2 cents - I no longer trust ebay for big-ticket items. For me that means anything over $50 with some exceptions. There's too much fraud - you spend a few hundred bucks on a product unseen and you may end up with nothing but a box full of pebbles if anything at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Technically Apple is ok with jail breaking. Just if any new firmware updates break the phone, it's your loss. Well that's my take on what apple said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
well at the moment they work fine but they only work fine with the current software verison as new versions come along you will not be able to upgrade.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.