• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A little bit of money...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
Well al cut to the point am low on money...
I had a paper round but the owners swoped just as I got it and they dint want one, Any way the money I was getting wasent worth it like most paper rounds!
I was selling cans of coke (coke-a-cola other people have got confused!)
But some one grassed me up after a week so I carnt do that :(
I carnt really find a job as such but I was wondering what other things I could do for a little bit of money mostly need for my holliday as my freind already has about £300 pounds and I dont have a penny!
thanks I no its a bit of a stupid post but any way al give it a shot.:D

P.S am 14 and living in the UK if that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool
No, definitely do not sling dope....see if you can run errands, mow lawns or complete miscellaneous tasks for people in your neighborhood....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Got any skills you could use for busking? My cousin started busking when he was 10, during the school holidays - he played his saxophone for about 3 hours a day for a week in a relatively rich part of Sydney and ended up with about $500!

OP
James-
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sling some dope
Dont think I will be doing that ;)
TamiRene and Leukeh I could try running errands but I dont really no my nabours round by me :( Maybe walk some dogs :) And busking I dont really have a talent that would get me far with that :( I might be seeing about working in a little samwich shop see if they need any help...Ive seen other kids working in there before and one girl was younger that me and she got one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
Dont think I will be doing that ;)
TamiRene and Leukeh I could try running errands but I dont really no my nabours round by me :( Maybe walk some dogs :) And busking I dont really have a talent that would get me far with that :( I might be seeing about working in a little samwich shop see if they need any help...Ive seen other kids working in there before and one girl was younger that me and she got one.

If I were you, I'd put in extra time at school and not worry about money right now. Once school is out and you have free time then go to the corner store and see if you can't stock shelves or something. If you are looking for immediate money, throw some things you own but no longer "need" on Ebay.

Good luck.

T

OP
James-
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK thanks :D
I Know that I should forget about money but its hard when nearly every thing costs! I like to go see my favorite soccer team but my mum gives me pocket money to buy clothes ect. with as well.
Any way thanks for your help and I think I will find some thing to do on a weekend might go round seeing if people what there cars cleaned but thats not really good till the summer.
:D

k3s

Reaction score
Do you have any special talents?
Web deign photography.
I am 17 now but when i was younger (when I had time) i used to to web development for people. So something along those lines, post bullitens in your school, word of mouth etc..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.