What do you dislike about the iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4 GHz iMac w/ 4GB RAM & 320GB HD
I'm thinking of buying an iPhone when my current contract runs out. Current owners, what do you dislike about the phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I've got no complaints. It is a million times better than my previous phone. It also replaces my iPod Video so I wish it had more storage space. But in terms of it being a phone, I couldn't ask for more.

Reaction score
My wife has an iPhone. Her complaints are that the camera isn't very good in low light and the ring tones aren't very loud. But she loves it, and wouldn't part with it.
My only compaint is that the iPhone isn't mine :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
No voice dialing, no voice memos. No cut and paste. No option to view passwords on entry. Cannot change WiFi passwords easily. Screen gets smeary very easily.

And I absolutely love it. It does everything else so well. ^_^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
simple. the TOUCH has 16gb of memory, but the iphone only has 8gb.

thats not cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Lack of 3G is my only complaint, but it's a minor one since EDGE speeds have been steadily improving in my area over the past couple of months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
The lack of a document viewer/synching is my main gripe. And I could always use more storage space I'm sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I was used to having fast-dial options on my prior cell phones where you simply hold down a number key to dial a pre-programmed number. The iPhone has a "Favorites" list, but you can't blindly fast-dial due to the lack of keys. Voice-dialing would be an acceptable alternative... there is one 3rd-party solution out, but it requires jailbreak at the moment. They intend to port it to the official SDK when that's released.

I'm also a tad annoyed that I can't sync notes to my Mac. Not a huge issue really.

I also missed the lack of a voice recorder app, though I am now using a 3rd-party solution for that.

Apple's handicaps on ringtones really ticks me off also. I have some professional ringtones (not music) that I really like, and paid for, and can't use them on the iPhone without jumping through hoops with 3rd-party hacks.

I'd also like to be able to put "anything" I like on here. Not just media, as Apple intends, but documents that I may need on-the-go, and the ability to read them. My interim solution is to email them to myself and view via the Mail, but what a nuisance!

That all said, I've had my iPhone since August (I think) and just bought my wife one for her birthday (she got iPhone envy after fiddling with mine for a few minutes!), and I wouldn't trade this for anything now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Powerbook G4, iPhone
I guess my main gripe, which I actually had to think about for a minute to come up with one, is that it doesn't easliy do picture messages. If someone sends me one I am given a website to visit and a code/password to view. Although its not often as issue for me, this should have been do-able from day one. Its probably coming though- and the crowd will cheer with glee when Steve makes it so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

That all said, I've had my iPhone since August (I think) and just bought my wife one for her birthday (she got iPhone envy after fiddling with mine for a few minutes!), and I wouldn't trade this for anything now.

i had a blackjack2 for 1 whole day before i went and exchanged it for another iphone. WM6 is a nightmare.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
iPhone is great. Only problem is the lack of edge coverage in myt area (UK).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I want a 5MP camera on the iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
Gsm only..

that's my biggest issue.

but when i had my iphone, i loved it. i actually miss it today.

i remember some of the things that bothered me though were things like the lack of the copy/paste, the lack of 3G (but i was almost always in range of a wifi network so it kind of balanced out), the at&t exclusivity, the lack of 3rd party apps and the sandboxed bluetooth was about all i had to complain about.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
no mms
no cut n paste
no sms forwarding
battery life could be better but is acceptable
very low volume when not on speaker phone or headphones
etc

but even with all its faults i like it

Reaction score
No 3G, it is a hassle to view pictures someone sent you from an sms, no video camera/zoom.

It is still one of the happiest purchases I have ever made.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
No 3G - edge is very patchy in the UK
No MMS
No video capture

However, as with most of the Apple products I've owned what it does do it does exceptionally well.....

Bring on iPhone 2.0 :)

Reaction score
Main complaint = no MMS

secondary complaint = not "allowed" to install apps. I thought only Verizon crippled phones from their full potential.

But I wouldn't give up the iPhone for anything (except a free upgrade to the next version)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ,1GB memory, 80GB hard drive Mac mini + 8GB iPhone. <3
Cant send files over bluetooth
No MMS
No cut and paste
The back of my iPhone has scratched really badly
No video capture
Cant adjust the camera settings (brightness, contrast etc)
The Cost..

But i love it :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.