Does the MacBook Pro support WPA2 Enterprise?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.6 C2D 4GB 17", MBP 2.33 C2D 3GB 17", MBP 2.33 C2D 2GB 15"
Hello All,

I hope that my first post here is not a stupid one. I am the odd man out at the investment company that I work for, luckily I am in a position of enough power that I am still able to make my own decisions with out asking permission. As such I am one of only a few people that are allowed to us a Mac. I have had my wireless connection at the office through a Airport Express that I sneakily hooked up without IT knowing. Well as the company has expanded we have now hired some IT guys that know what they are doing and I have been caught. We just spent a bunch of money on some sort of wireless router system that I am not familiar with and now I will be required to login to that system using WPA2 Enterprise. Which I am told is a Username and Password security system that uses certificates to authenticate the user and thus enabling IT to not have to change the key every time someone is let go. They are pretty excited about it....

Sorry for the long explanation, now on to my question. I am told by my IT Director that Mac does not support WPA2 Enterprise (Username/Password login). I am currently out of town and in the process of ordering a new laptop. I am not going to be able to order another MacBook Pro if I cannot connect to the network at the office. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Can a Mac connect to a wireless network that uses WPA2 Enterprise (Username/Password login)???

Thanks in advance,

--M

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
This is straight out of OSX 10.5.1 Leopard. As you can see, WPA2 Enterprise is on the list.

Picture 2.jpg

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.6 C2D 4GB 17", MBP 2.33 C2D 3GB 17", MBP 2.33 C2D 2GB 15"
This is straight out of OSX 10.5.1 Leopard. As you can see, WPA2 Enterprise is on the list.

You are awesome! Thank you. I just emailed that to the IT Director! My new MBP is on the way!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.