• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

MAC to Windows

R

Revelation

Ive been given a MAC well my grandad has, He doesnt know how to use a MAC and hes only just learn't how to use windows and he needs a new computer for his work. Is there anyway I can convert it to run windows?
Its running MAC OS 9 atm.
specs:
450mhz
256sdram
dvd-rom
20gb HD
apple USB mouse + keyboard

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You can not convert it run windows, but you can run an application call virtual pc. You should be able to run most pc applications in this environment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
I wouldn't run VPC with those specs though.

And does VPC work in 9? I though it was for OS X only...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Hmm, seems it does run in 9. You could try it.

Or you could sell your machine to someone that will use it as a Mac, and put that money towards a new PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
what does he need it to do at work? the MAC Operating system is the easiest to learn, especially if you've never touched a computer in your life. Anything a PC can do, a Mac can do better

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacAddikt said:
what does he need it to do at work? the MAC Operating system is the easiest to learn, especially if you've never touched a computer in your life. Anything a PC can do, a Mac can do better
Sounds like a commercial. No you can, yes I can. Anything a PC can do, a Mac can do better. No you can, yes I can. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
rman said:
Sounds like a commercial. No you can, yes I can. Anything a PC can do, a Mac can do better. No you can, yes I can. :D

exactly :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Its true, Ive tought my grand parents how to use a mac 2 times faster than it took me to teach them the windows, and this was on classic.

OP
R

Revelation

1) well I can't be ******* arsed
2) Its for like a load of old people to use as a general computer :(

btw im gonna sell it and put the money towards a pc. How much dya think I should sell it for???
specs:
450mhz
256sdram
dvd drive
20gb HD
apple USB mouse + keyboard
17" monitor

MODERATOR NOTE: Need to watch your language. Refer to the RULES.

OP
F

Fomer

If you get 400.00, you'll be doing good - in my opinion. The dvd player is a neat extra, but 450 mgz is brutal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Well.. i suppose i should refute you now :D
1. clean language
2. old people and macs get along great. how much could they actually need? a 400mhz mac i would think is equivalent to a 1ghz PC or somewhere abouts. They can't do much gaming I assume... mostly they would just need internet.. something that.. i assume the g4 does great with, or iMac which was built for. You should seriously reconsider, mac is great, and theres no reason to waste money on a new computer if they dont need it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.