Logic Studio for my G4 (HELP!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4
Ok, I would like to purchase The Logic Studio Box set, but right now i'm working off a 17" PowerBook G4 and I'm not exactly sure i have the requirements to run these programs smoothly. I would like to know what i need to upgrade to run all this with no problems (without buying a whole new computer)

Here's my G4 specs right now:

Machine Name: PowerBook G4 17"
Machine Model: PowerBook5,5
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.1)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 1.5 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 167 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.8.6f0
Hard Drive: 160Gb

Everything is "STOCK" from Mac except for an upgraded internal hard drive. I upgraded from the 80gb hard drive to a 160gb. I realize that you have to keep up with technology but i cant really buy a new computer everytime MAC upgrades to the next best thing. I LOVE MAC and its the only thing i like to work on.. but they just upgrade too fast for me sometimes.

If anyone can help me with this, i would really appreciate it. I want to start producing my own music in LOGIC is (what i hear) the best program to have for music production.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.