Airport / MacBook Networking problem.

Reaction score
I have a Macbook and a Desktop PC that I am attempting to network together with an Airport Extreme. I have a broadband cable modem connected to the WAN port on the Airport via ethernet cable and my desktop is connected to one of the LAN ports via ethernet as well.

I successfully set up the network (green light on constantly) and my desktop can always connect to the internet with no problems. However, my Macbook has trouble connecting every time I turn it on. For some reason the Macbook is not detecting the base station. Tech support told me to turn off the laptop, cable modem, and the airport, wait 5 minutes, and turn them back on - modem first, airport second, and then laptop. When I do this I do get an internet connection as soon as my laptop boots up - great! However the next day i have to go through this whole process again.

Has anyone had this same problem? I would love to just turn my laptop on and get internet without shutting everything off first.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 120 G Hard Drive
the exact same thing happens to me except my wireless router is an airport extreme..i wonder whats going on?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.