Second Monitor recommendations

Reaction score
Hello to all. I will be purchasing a new 20" iMac in a month or 2. I am currently running my PC with 2 monitors and don't want to ever go back to a single monitor (it's sort of like having power windows and locks in your car, once you have them you don't want to go without them), I am looking for recomendations for a good 2nd monitor to go with my new iMac. I have heard of monitors that don't work with Macs. So any advice is greatly appreciated.Thank you all in advance.

OP
V
Reaction score
Because both of my monitors are old CRT types and really would like to move over to LCD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i got a refurb viewsonic 22" from compusa. The price was right. It cost me 210 shipped.

It is not the best, but i have no complaints about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
Correct me if im wrong, but I believe the Dell Monitors are exactly the same ones as the apple monitors just re branded. If your interested in the apple monitors they sell this would make sense.

It would make sense to go for a 20" monitor to match your imac. My monitor is a 19" samsung and its done me well .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Correct me if im wrong, but I believe the Dell Monitors are exactly the same ones as the apple monitors just re branded. If your interested in the apple monitors they sell this would make sense.

It would make sense to go for a 20" monitor to match your imac. My monitor is a 19" samsung and its done me well .
Not quite true: The 23" monitors used the same panel, but only a certain model of Dell's. The cheaper Dell models use cheaper panels...

I have Samsung's 206BW which is quite nice...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Also, just cause the panel is the same, doesn't mean it's the same overall. The build quality, backlit quality, aesthetics are all different. Although, given the price difference, a Dell makes more sense.

To answer one of the OP's questions: Monitors work perfectly well with the Macs. You might need to get a mini-DVI to DVI converter, but that's besides the point.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.