Difficulty printing over airport network with addition of leopard!!!

Reaction score
I have a Canon PIXMA MP470 and used to print wirelessly from our airport base station flawlessly. Now that I have a new Macbook with leopard, it doesn't seem to want to connect. I have tried the driver on canon's site, as well as the driver on the CD that came with the computer, and I always get this error message when I try to print...

Error Number : 306 A communication error has occurred. Make sure that the printer is plugged in, powered-on, and properly connected to your computer. Then try printing again.

This is weird, because it is connected just fine, and the computer is even recognizing the printer and everything. It just won't print.

I tried some of the other canon pixma mp series drivers that came on my mac, and they will connect. However, when the pages print, the printer just spits out blanks.

Anyone got ay ideas?

P.S. The printer prints fine on these drivers when connected via USB.

Thanks,
Scott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
had the same problem with an epson the only way it would work is to use the
drivers included in the list with leopard and it is still printing in the draft mode.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.