Xbox360 probs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
Just wanted to know how many of you have xbox360s and have had problems with them. I got my 360 in march 07. It ran great, I've bought about 15-20 games or so in the past year and a bit. I had no problems until early this month. The system started giving me disc errors and slow loading times. Te discs were all fine... spotless even. So i called tech support sent it in and less than a week after sending their box to them i got the replacement system. The replacement system was kinda dirty looking and rattles a bit when u moved it around... anyways after about 3 min setting it up ... 3 red lights! omg! I've now sent that system back in. The supervisor on the phone sent me pgr3 as "consolation for your troubles" and agreed to give me "one of the best" consoles they have.... whats that mean??? Ok this is getting long, what do you people think of this? Has this happened to you or someone you know???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
Well my have had my 360 since last christmas and it has been sent back once. But the service was great (supriseing for Microsoft) and they have updated it to 3 years warranty on every once so thats a plus :D

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
My son-in-law is on his second replacement.

OP
Chimpur
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I unno.... doesnt sound that comforting....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I sent in my xbox 360 cause of the red ring of death. They shipped it out via UPS... this was back in July. It is now January, and I still haven't received it yet.

Reaction score
On my third right now.

BTW that rattling is the sensor for console positioning. So the console knows how to orientate the ring

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 200GB, Smokin! :)
I've been through at least 3 each 360 console replacements (by MicroShaft :) ) since I bought my original console on initial release.

Reaction score
Microsoft did shoot themself in the foot, just got my 360 with the new chipset (the elite), I still reckon the PS3 was all gimmicks, overpriced and has, compared to the 360 and the wii, a shocking range of games.

Most of my freinds are on their second 360.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I bought one refurbished. Within a month I got the ring of death. It was able to work again after that. It only had a 90 day warranty and wasn't sure if the 3 year extension applied to me. After reading all the problems people were having, I sold it on Craigslist and bought a PS3. I couldn't be happier.

OP
Chimpur
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
If this unit fail I'll have a few games to sell some people! I'll switch to ps3 if they shaft me again..... If only apple'd make a gaming machine.. then it would also prolly have some different ways of integrating with ipods and macs.... maybe like ann apple tv with stronger graphics and processor! Too bad apple isnt really interested in gaming :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
I'm in the process if sending mine back right this very minute. Anyone remember where I'm supposed to write that code the agent gives you over the phone? I was getting so annoyed with the girl I kind of stopped listening...

OP
Chimpur
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I taped it to the side of the box with t he supplied tape

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.