sharing verizon um 150 usb modem signal

Reaction score
Just purchased a Verizon UM 150 usb modem and installed it on a new MacBook 2.2 Ghz, and works fine. However tried to install on an older iBook 500 MHz PowerPC G3 with Mac OS X 10.3.9 and during setup the wireless device is not detected when plugged into usb port. Verizon support states as long as you're running OS X 10.3.9 or higher and have a type A usb that the device should be supported. The manual does state Mac customers are not required to use VZAccess Manager (verizon software) to use wireless device, if user has WWAN Support 1.0. This really doesn't make sense to me since you got to have at least OS X 10.4. Tried troubleshooting tips on VZAccess Manager help page, which required opening disk utilities and repairing permissions. This did not help, and other suggestions were Windows related. So at a loss at this point. Wondering if I can pull the usb modem signal from the newer mac via airport or software. Or would a router work, but would like to stay away from investing any more money. Thanks for any beta. Ck

Reaction score
Any luck w/ Verizon USB?

I have an older Mac running 10.3.9, and my Verizon USB727 is not recognized by the computer. I was wondering if you have had any luck getting your older machine to recognize the usb device?

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.