how to clean the trackball

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini, 1.25ghz 120gb hdd AP/BT combo drive and 23" cinema display and 20" imac, 250gb 2.16ghz 1gb
** do you clean the trackball in the might mouse?? it works all ways but down :( can anyone please help me!

thanks G

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
I've run into this sometimes too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
Flip mouse upside down and move the track ball around. It usually works to fix the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, MacBook CD
Give it a blast of canned air. That always works for me if the method above fails.

Reaction score
** do you clean the trackball in the might mouse?? it works all ways but down :( can anyone please help me!

thanks G

I don't know about the mighty mouse but I clean the tracker ball in my Logictech trackerball by removing it and cleaning it and the enclosed area with a q tip and alcohol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2GHz Power PC G5
on the mighty mouse I saw them at the local Apple Centre in Sydney just invert it and rub the small white ball over a clean spectacles cloth - but first clean it around the ball - then rub back and forth vigorously. That'll work. Keep hands clean is another good point to think about...

Reaction score
the mighty mouse is really a flawed product. never found it satisfactory and all because of the trackball. i tried everything and it never really works. works ok for 2-3 months and then the downward motion stops. 5 mighty mouse in 15 months. new one coming next week. will sell it on ebay. got a logitech vx revolution. i prefer the mighty mouse but it doesnt work. wish apple would update it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.