how long is your syncing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB, iphone
i just picked up the apple tv last night and got it hooked up to my wireless internet today. its currently syncing from the library on my macbook, but its taking a long time. its sincing 1631 songs and so far its been 2 hours and its about a thrid of the way done. does this sound about right? maybe im just too anxious to use it lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.53Ghz, 4GB ram, 500gb hd -- Apple TV 160gb -- MacMini 1.83ghz
I had:

~16gb of TV Shows
~8gb of music
~10gb of photos

it took about 4 hours to complete the synching. But once it's done, you won;t have to go through that loooooong process.

Enjoy your Apple TV, I got mine yesterday and I just can't wait for the update and rent movies.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB, iphone
ya its almost done but im pulling my hair right now! probably doesnt help that my internet signal is not 100%.

but ya i cant wait for the update.

Reaction score
are you using the wireless or the gigE port. Mine took forever through wireless even though i had set the aebs to 5ghz only and got a 300 mb link. I hooked up the gigE port now it is much quicker.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB, iphone
ya it was through wireless. i love it how i can play my music through the tv now though. but, i have another question...

i just rented 300 from the itunes store and its downloading right now. is it possible to watch it on the tv through apple tv? or am i limited to my computer monitor? this is the first time i rented so im not sure what to expect haha

Reaction score
but, i have another question...

i just rented 300 from the itunes store and its downloading right now. is it possible to watch it on the tv through apple tv? or am i limited to my computer monitor? this is the first time i rented so im not sure what to expect haha

I downloaded (rented) 300 today. It is on my Mini, and is not recognized by my ATV. Looks like we will have to wait for the ATV update for that feature.

Mike

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.