I need to upload pics from my Canon-but forgot my software CD, what can I do?

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm at a family members house using my clamshell, and i want to upload a lot of pictures while i have access to high speed, but I realized when i plugged in my S5 that I forgot my CDs and I haven't installed the software on my clamshell. I don't want to drive all the way back home just to get the CDs and drive back, is there anything I can download so I can see my pics and upload them to facebook?

Thanks,
Tanner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Does your camera just appear as a disk on the desktop when you attach it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
My s3 is works with iPhoto by just plugging it in

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You can use either iPhoto or Image Capture to import the pictures from your camera.

Reaction score
My Canon 400d works with image capture so give that a go.

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
(duh moment) i COMPLETELY forgot about image capture. Thanks Kash. They're importing right now. Quick question, and obviously i'll know when its done importing, but why are the previews of the pictures PINK?

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
Oh I don't have iPhoto on my clamshell and I don't remember what it did on my PowerMac, but does the S5 work with iPhoto? I don't remember if it did or not, overall the only downside to the S5 isn't really a S5 thing, just a Canon thing, I Don't like how they dont show up on the desktop. Oh well, i love this camera. Thanks everyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP
Another option (just for reference) is a multi card reader if you have one lying around. Take the card out of the camera, pop it in the reader and away you go.

I always have one in the laptop bag just in case as I NEVER install the software for cameras, it is nasty!

M

MacHeadCase

I use the card reader too. To me it's a more direct connection (USB port with the card directly in the card reader - you don't have to go through the camera's system and be dependent on the camera's battery level).

I dunno, I just find it much more convenient. :)

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
Oh I know, I'm working on getting a card reader. Just an el cheapo, but they're so cheap i dont know why i haven't gotten one yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.