connecting leopoard to win xp pro thru firewire

Reaction score
I'm trying to connect my macbook pro to my pc running win xp pro through a 6pin to 6pin firewire cable, but I can't seem to make the link. I went into my network connections, hit the properties of my 1394 connection, and assigned an ip thru tcp/ip (192.169.3.1), and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. i hit ok, then went into my mac, went into the network panel, selected FireWire, then selected configure - manually, and entered 192.168.3.2 in the ip field (meanwhile it still said 'not connected' under 'firewire') i then went into the 'sharing' panel, checked off 'remote login', as well as 'file sharing', and attempted to set up a user account. i downloaded WinSCP for windows, attempted to log into my mac using the proper ip/hostname, and still nothing. i seem only to be able access my pc thru my mac, over my ethernet connection, which is rather slow and can only pull files from my pc, but i want to be able to transfer files to and from. has anyone successfully linked their pc to their mac (leopard) through firewire for fast transfers? if so please help!
Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.