Using a MBP with M-Audio FireWire 410 problems

Reaction score
So I recently got my first MBP earlier this week after anxiously waiting to use GarageBand on it. However, I've ran into a pretty major problem.

I also went out to purchase a microphone and the M-Audio FireWire 410 after hearing a lot of great things about it. Now I was under the impression that it was fairly easy to use with GarageBand so I believe I'm just missing something or doing something wrong.

I installed the drivers that came with it and even went to the site to download the latest drivers for my MBP. After doing that I went into my preferences in GB and set my input to the 410 which showed up in the list to chose from so I figured no problems there. However, in the bottom right menu after creating a new track it simply says the input is Channel 1 & 2. I can select Channels 1-4 (Mono) also. Now I was under the impression that it would have said FireWire 410 for each input and that there would be more.

So I figured I'd give it a shot and nothing. None of the channels pick up my mic. The only light lit up on the interface is the blue LED for the power. I have the firewire plug plugged into my Mac directly to the interface so it is connected since my MBP is able to identify it.

I even went into system preferences and set my input to the 410 as well but that did nothing.

So I'm at a loss. After all this money spent I'm so close to recording but I have no idea what to do or what I'm doing wrong. I'd greatly appreciate any and all advice given.

-Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.