AppleTV Take 2 question

Reaction score
Ok, so per the Macworld announcement yesterday, Apple TV is getting an update called "Take 2." I THINK it's a software based thing, so any current Apple TV units can be upgraded, right? Is there ANY other physical difference in the new boxes compared to the current ones? Also, if I buy an Apple TV today, can I stream movie rentals from iTunes to the Apple TV? Or will that not work yet?

The thing is, I called my local Apple store, and they couldn't even answer my questions. I thought that was pretty absurd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
No, you must wait for the Apple TV software update in order to stream/sync movie RENTALS to it.

Reaction score
SO it is the same machine only software so there is no need to wait for the release of take 2 correct?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB, iphone
correct. i just got an ATV so im just not so patiently waiting for the update haha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.