Airport not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Ok my Aiport card seems to work great with my Netgear wireless router, but anything else.. even base stations.. it can't seem to connect.. and when it does finally connect, it keeps getting dropped, or barely works.. Is there a setting that I have wrong? Why does it work perfectly with my network and less than perfect.. not at all with other networks?

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
bumping it up.. anyone?

M

marinadeking

Is AppleTalk active? If it is, turn it off in your Airport > AppleTalk settings. Also, how do you access your printers? Through Airport? And are they working?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Murlyn said:
Ok my Aiport card seems to work great with my Netgear wireless router, but anything else.. even base stations.. it can't seem to connect.. and when it does finally connect, it keeps getting dropped, or barely works.. Is there a setting that I have wrong? Why does it work perfectly with my network and less than perfect.. not at all with other networks?

Has this always been a problem, or did you just recently notice this? If it's recent, what changes, if any, have you made to the computer since the problem began? I've been reading that the latest AirPort software update hasn't been working very well for some people.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Titanium PowerBook? Because I hear the wireless signal doesn't get through the titanium too well...

D

daughter_anna

have you tried connecting to other networks around you and you still couldn't connect?

B

brevans

I have an iBook, and was having a similar issue, it would connect when my base station was close, but after 5 ft or so it would cut out. I took it back to my local mac store and found the antanae cable was not plugged all the way in. After they reconnected it, it worked great.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
brevans said:
I have an iBook, and was having a similar issue, it would connect when my base station was close, but after 5 ft or so it would cut out. I took it back to my local mac store and found the antanae cable was not plugged all the way in. After they reconnected it, it worked great.
That is what happened to me, in fact, the very day that happened, my first hard drive started to die.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.