• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Carfax Anyone??

Reaction score
hey guys, thinking about buying a used car and was wondering if anyone had an unlimited carfax membership/account and could run a vin for me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I don't, but if you are looking at cars the $35 bucks is well spent. I know that when I was shopping for a car I made the unwise decision of not getting the unlimited report. Instead, I paid the single report price about 4 times.

I would recommend just purchasing the Unlimited Report on your own, since you will likely need to serch on more than one vehicle.

OP
R
Reaction score
I was asking for my sister.. she said the report was going to be $25.. (a little much I thought for one car) not knowing unlimited was only $30.. your right, that is a deal. I will just suggest for her to do that, as I will soon be looking for a car too. I guess its always a good thing to have.. That $30 could save you thousands!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
hey guys, thinking about buying a used car and was wondering if anyone had an unlimited carfax membership/account and could run a vin for me?

I am pretty positive that's an illegal question to ask....
Asking this on car sites will get you banned. I don't see why the same wouldn't apply here.
Just drop the $35. It's money well spent.

OP
R
Reaction score
I have asked and received carfaxes on car sites before. What is so illegal about it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Copy and pasted from the customer agreement that must be agreed to by the purchaser of the Carfax report:
This 30 day Unlimited CARFAX Reports Plan is valid for 30 days from the date the first report is run, and is intended for my personal use only.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
EXCERPTED from Carfax legal disclaimer:
{"CARFAX and its affiliates and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark and other applicable intellectual property laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, display, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part."}

OP
R
Reaction score
ya I read that after you posted.. not a big deal.. kinda petty.. as I previously posted, Im going to get it anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.