Looking for a DVI Splitter

Reaction score
I just ordered a Mac Pro on Apple's web site today and went with the base model for $2799. I am going to hook it up 2 and eventually 3 monitors so for this reason want to get a DVI Splitter. i have seen www.monoprice.com mentioned for their splitter, http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10113&cs_id=1011302&p_id=4073&seq=1&format=2

I haven't seen many others except for one mentioned by iOmega and ATEN. I am interested in any opinions of this splitter or others. I don't need anything for sound or USB, only DVI video. Also, I'm looking at suggestions for good DVI cables to use with this or whichever splitter I use and would appreciate any help. Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro
I just wanted to make sure you knew that that device only replicates the screen up to four times, it doesn't allow 4 separate monitors.

Reaction score
I am looking for a similar solution The displays in my case will be in different locations so I am looking for something that will do the same image on all displays, not different displays.
I dont know the prices of all the splitters on the market but if it's just as cheap to buy a 2nd video card to mirror my display for the 3 displays that may be the best choice. For example I was looking into the NVidea 8800 but chose the stock card that the Mac Pro comes with. If I add a NVidea 8800 could I then use the two DVI outs (it has 2, right)? that it comes with for the 2 displays I will use the most often and then the ATI's video out for the 3rd display that isn't as important to me (since it's a lower end graphics card?)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.