Question about airport extreme and xbox live

Reaction score
Ok, so i have airpot extreme and i recently purchased an Xbox Live wireless adapter. Are the two compatible? I just want to be sure before I open the package.

My other question is what's an easy way to boost the signal given off by the wireless (given the two are compatible)?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The Airport Extreme is just like any other router, so all wireless devices that use the 802.11x standard will work just fine with it. Since the Xbox Live adapter is essentially an 802.11g adapter, it should work just fine with the Airport Extreme.

There are a variety of ways to boost signal on a router, but I would suggest trying it out stock before making any modifications. The Airport Extreme has really good range that even an 802.11g device would be able to access. The Xbox would have to be pretty far away from the router for you to need a signal booster.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.