Audacity or GarageBand, Which is Best for Podcasting?

Reaction score
Hello

I am starting to work on podcasts. I purchased a Samson USB Mic kit, and inside of it, I found a CD with Audacity.

Now, I have messed around with GarageBand, and have found it has met my needs so far, but for a beginner podcaster, which program would I be best using?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook running OSX Leopard.
nicely said eric...haha...i would agree...i don't do podcasting but i was once a PC guy and audacity was pretty much all i had as far as audio editing is concerned, and since i've gotten a mac garageband has blown audacity outta the water...hands down...

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt replies!

I figured as much, but I'm the sort of person where if I don't know the answer for sure, I ask.

I have been messing around with Garageband for the most part, mainly just to get comfortable in using it.

Thanks again guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Your welcome.

Yeah GarageBand should be good for you now. If later in the future you find out you are being limited by GarageBand then you can look into more advanced programs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.