Another External HD Question

Reaction score
Ok, new to the forum...just got a Mac for the first time...been reading this forum for a few days now (read over 60 pages of posts already). Thanks to everyone's contributions. This place is an excellent source of information.

I think I got an idea on how to back up my Mac but I just want to make sure one last thing. So I have an external HD that I'm using for my Windows that I'd like to use also as backup for my Mac. I know about the NTFS incompatibility. So does this mean that if I don't install Paragon, my backup will be useless when I use it one day? What about USB memory sticks? Can I use a stick to xfer data back and forth between Mac and Windows without compromising data integrity or do I have to format the stick in a certain way? I just want to make sure before I dive right in. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Mac can write to NTFS partition using Paragon NTFS. When it writes using this, the final data resides in ntfs format. But mac (leopard) wont be able to backup directly to ntfs partitioned disk using time machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.