Lightsnake 1/4 phono jack to usb connector

Reaction score
I saw this in Target yesterday. It claims to connect an instrument to a computer. Anybody know if it's useful, and how it would work? I'd want to connect a Yamaha DGX-500 portable piano.

lightsnake2.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook running OSX Leopard.
If it claims to, then i guess it would...lol...ur mac would probably recognize it as a device i guess when u plug it in, since it's usb...i use the adapter pictured below and plug it in the line-in jack beside the headphone jack. only diff. is i play guitar...If the USB adapter doesn't work, take it back!!!..lol...

Photo3.jpg

Reaction score
It'll work, using a 1/4 to 1/8 jack adaptor on the line in would. However quality will never be brilliant, good for a bit of messing around though yeah.

Reaction score
If it claims to, then i guess it would...lol...ur mac would probably recognize it as a device i guess when u plug it in, since it's usb...i use the adapter pictured below and plug it in the line-in jack beside the headphone jack. only diff. is i play guitar...If the USB adapter doesn't work, take it back!!!..lol...

Photo3.jpg

You should really be using a DI box for a guitar. The input on the Mac and the output on your guitar are not matched and it will therefore prvide sound poor quality in comparison to a DI box output, (you lose more of the 'real' sound of the guitar). On top of that, the weight of the guitar lead will probably break the input on the Mac at some point, even if it's just bending it enough, that it will no longer make a solid connection.

Just thought i'd point that out.. !

Rimmer

Reaction score
I'd always recommend a usb/ firewire interface, you can pick up cheap ones for about £40 and it'll sound a **** sight better than into the stock sound card or straight into the usb.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.