just got my iPhone

Reaction score
I got my iPhone last week and it has been amazing. sometimes its almost unreal...there is just so much u can do with this thing. I love it. Anyways...i had a question about the battery. Now with ever other phone iver had...at the end of the day id put my phone on its charger...dead or not. What is the best charging practice for the iPhone? Ive heard mixed things for Apple products. I have an 30 gig iPod and and a MacBook...ive been told to let them drain...then recharge it....but ive also been told it really doesnt matter. What is best? Should I charge my iPhone ever night or should I let it drain then recharge? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
i always charge whenever it needs it, or before i know ill need it.

i dont worry about conditioning, its just not worth the hassle these days with LiIon's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I usually just stick it in the dock whenever I'm at my desk. That way it's always up to date and fully charged. I try to drain the battery once a month to keep it calibrated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
i would think no matter how you treat the battery, its gonna outlast the phone v1 for most of us anyways :)

we likes to upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
I just put it on the charger when I'm asleep. It sits by my bed cause I use it as an alarm clock :).

It really doesnt matter how you treat the iPhone battery because it is only good for about 900-1000 charges.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.