• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Playstation Network Friends

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
My screen name is tombothegamedude. What's yours?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
bryphotoguy

I need a router so I can have my computer and my PS3 online at the same time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
Northy124

Gotta get airport extreme so i can have stronger signal though so will be a while

Reaction score
nirvanadude - add me and we can get a game on. I'm playing COD4, Burnout demo, NFS prostreet at the moment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
bdyche... I'm on COD4 pretty frequently... I sent you an add request nirvana.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
nirvanadude - add me and we can get a game on. I'm playing COD4, Burnout demo, NFS prostreet at the moment.

Do you like ProStreet? I was excited when I heard about it and then I saw the reviews. I am a big fan of the NFS series, since the original Hot Pursuit but I am a little wary of this one. I didn't like the demo as much as I had hoped.
I'll have to connect my PS3 to play the Burnout demo more. My g/f is addicted to that game. I told her what it was about and she didn't seem impressed. She came over the next day and asked about it. An hour later and she was still going at it.
If I had extra $, I'd get COD4 but I am really bad at those games.

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have Nascar '08, Blazing Angels 2, and MotorStorm.

Anybody else have these? I love my games :D

Reaction score
I like NFS Prostreet, i would say it is more for those who prefer the Grand turismo series. Alot of people gave bad reviews of NFS because it has grown up and lost it's street racing image, I thinks it's a good game and would give it a 7/10. COD 4 is by far the best game out for PS3 IMO only problem is that recently ive been having problems getting online (Match Making Error 33) which is annoying since it means I am unable to play from 3pm to 1am. Burnout demo is worth the download since it actually allows you to play online with 8 people in a small part of the map I've spent hours on it. It also allows the use of the Playstation Eye camera which i've ordered, when you take somebody out a live picture of them comes up :p

Reaction score
I have Nascar '08, Blazing Angels 2, and MotorStorm.

Anybody else have these? I love my games :D

I played the demo for Blazing Angels didn't like it much, it seemed just like playing War Hawk but in the past. What's the full game like?

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Like it, but it's a bit hard to play.

Reaction score
I don't have a PS3, but I've really been wanting to get one. If they would release Gran Turismo 5 I would buy one today.

Aside from Hot Shots Golf ;) , Gran Turismo is the only series I've followed on the Playstation.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
gt5 will come out next holiday season.
gt5 prologue (a real big demo) will be out in a couple months.

i just bought my ps3 tonight. just got it setup and online, spent bout an hour just fiddling with it. ratchet and clank is still in the box... ;P

my tag

sideshoweric

though i won't have any multiplayer games for some time. i ordered oblivion (the first one) in addition to R&C. but when gt5 comes out... you better bet i'll be online. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I'll be there a lot once GT5 comes out, too, eric. Us GT junkies will have to get together for some friendly fender-banging. :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
tag is: BTomay

Haven't been on much - off course have MotorStorm since it came with, but haven't played it.

Finished off Uncharted: Drake's Fortune in easy mode. Will probably play through it again.

Oblivion:Elder Scrolls IV - Have only touched the surface.

Haven't played any in 2-3 weeks now.

Really liked NFS on my 360 - may have to get that. If I do, you guys will have someone you can kick around. :Grimmace:

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
has anyone downloaded PAIN from the psn store? looks like fun, but i was just wondering if it is more than just a ragdoll demo...

Reaction score
No I haven't tried it yet, I just had a look in the UK store and couldn't see it. Downloading Turock demo now to see what it's like.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Only one I've downloaded so far has been Conan.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
didn't see that... it seems as though some get pulled off.

i added all of you (except northy ;)). spoke briefly with nirvana. :) i totally need to get a cordless usb keyboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.