summer in a picture...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
I am on holiday in Australia and there is a SLR camera to be won every day this mouth,I have forgot witch one but I remember it was pretty good.
The thing you have to do is take a picture that represents summer in one picture and I don't have an idea really what to do there already been a couple sent in e.g. a picture of some sandy feet (that description dose not really give it credit lol.) Any way i was wondering if any of you had any ideas
Thanks. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
hmm, where in Aus are you currently staying? This would probably change the kinds of themes you would have to work with. For instance, Melbourne, where I live is known for its unpredictable weather, where you can have the weather of four seasons in a day.

I'd probably avoid taking touristy type shots of attractions, and maybe go for something more abstract. BBQ's are big in summer (except for the total fire ban days...), so maybe something relating to that could be interesting and a little different. Shots of cooking utensils, or beads of water running down a glass. I suspect most people would shoot beach shots, so I'd stay away from that.

City and cafe life can also make for some interesting and diverse shots. With the right location and weather, you could show something very australian.

Personally, I think some of the more spontaneous shots (hip-shots even) can be the better ones. If you're shooting for a specific purpose, it's easy to overdo things if you set a shot up.

Man, wish I could enter that comp, but I'm currently overseas on holiday too. I'd been waiting for some sun in Melbourne, but it's typical that it arrives after I leave :p

OP
James-
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
hahaha.... Yer Ime in melbourne too I think they are really helpful tips there, And god there is a lot of sun here ;) too hot for me!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.