• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Advice Needed

M

Matt

As you may know, I have a Performa 5200CD, and have a thread I put in MacAddict asking a few questions n stuff, and I got this in my PM account there:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you use hotline? If so come to my server to get all the old software you need! Don't mention this on the forums though. Mods tend to get pissed. You can get the client on my page below and use www.tracker-tracker.com to find servers to link to. Just search for samtron or 68k there. If you stop by message samtron and tell me its you.

hotline://samtron.cjb.net

http://samtron.no-ip.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any risks involved (i.e spyware, virus')? I would doubt if this person cares if I post this here, cause this isn't Mac Addict. :)

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Isn't that piracy? Or is downloading old software that most likely isn't made anymore (vaporware?) legal?

OP
M

Matt

I don't know, but I don't think the companies who made the software would care that much anymore, the software's probably around 8-10 years old.

OP
V

vuschejan

Absolute Zero said:
Isn't that piracy? Or is downloading old software that most likely isn't made anymore (vaporware?) legal?

Sometimes companies put their old software into freeware just to let the public have it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.