Right button / better mouse

Reaction score
Moved recently from PC's to Macs, have I a MBP and an Imac and I really enjoy using them both.

My only complaint is the mighty mouse, I have a wired and wireless version and they are both poor. The tracking isn't the best and the right click is terrible.

What do you guys use?

Do you use just a single click and use the control key with a click for your right clicks or do you use a different mouse, if so which would you recommend?

Or do you think the mighty mouse is ok?

Thanks

Ricky55

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
You can pretty much use any mouse on the mac. The more complicated functions of some mice might need drivers, but out of the box, all of them work. The mighty mouse takes some time getting used to, at least the right click part of it. I used the mighty mouse for over a year until I got my pen tablet.

OP
Ricky55
Reaction score
What did you do for the right clicks? Use control click or keep trying with the mighty mouse right click?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
When I switched to Mac's I just used my existing mouse. It is a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 2 and it works great. I also use a MS notebook wireless laser mouse 6000 when traveling with my Macbook Pro.

Reaction score
Double tap the trackpad for the right click function. Dump the mouse! This comes from a former pc user and a 5 button mouse! It's amazing how quick you can become once you get used to the shortcuts and the scrolling with two fingers and double tapping for the contextual tab.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
What did you do for the right clicks? Use control click or keep trying with the mighty mouse right click?
the mighty mouse is touch/heat/whatever sensative.. to right click, you need to completly lift your finger off the left side of the mouse

Double tap the trackpad for the right click function. Dump the mouse! This comes from a former pc user and a 5 button mouse! It's amazing how quick you can become once you get used to the shortcuts and the scrolling with two fingers and double tapping for the contextual tab.
by double tab, he means tap the trackpad with two fingers.

M

MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to proper forum - Not a software OS X Operating System question but is for hardware*

OP
Ricky55
Reaction score
thanks for the tips.

I might try a standard USB mouse like you did bluegrass

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
good idea...
I was looking to get the mighty mouse, but there are way too many cheaper, better, nicer mice out there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i believe the mighty mouse is a love it or hate it kind of thing. but i would recommend getting a cheap microsoft mouse. now i know you might be in that "haha no microsoft in the house!" kind of stage a lot of people do with their first macs. but microsoft does in fact know how to make comfortable good mice. and i'm pretty sure all microsoft mice should work driver free no problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
I'm using a basic Logitech Optical mouse... wireless... no probs. I never did like Mac Meeses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Yep. For a software company, Microsoft makes surprisingly good hardware!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I use a corded Mighty Mouse on 3 of my Macs and a Logitech V270 Bluetooth when I want to sit back and relax and not be tied to the computer.

I have no issues Right clicking on any of my Mighty Mice. It just takes some practice.

Logitech mice have always worked great for me but there are some very good mice from Microsoft also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.