PDA

View Full Version : Ordering from apple onlne.

k3s
01-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Well i am going to be purchasing a new macbook. Since my mother works in a K-12 school she is able to get a discount through apple, about 100 dollars off. So my question is if i order it off the apple site generally how long is the shipping take? Just general estimates would be good. Also i live in los angeles California.

D3v1L80Y
01-02-2008, 11:06 PM
It varies, which is why you are given an estimated delivery date when you place the order.

k3s
01-02-2008, 11:11 PM
It varies, which is why you are given an estimated delivery date when you place the order.

Ah thank you, lol i never thought of that. Thank you.

msackett
01-03-2008, 12:02 AM
Be sure to check Amazon.com. I understand that they don't collect state/county/city sales tax. Like Apple, shipping is free if it is an Amazon.com item.

Depending on the MacBook price, no tax may be better than the discount.

k3s
01-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Yea i know amazon dose not not offer tax, also free shipping. But it still comes out cheaper is i buy if from apple with the worker discount. It comes out to be about 1081 for the lower end model and that includes tax with free shipping. But i just called apple and they told me they will accept the discount at their store, so i guess i could buy it at the store also.

msackett
01-03-2008, 11:36 AM
It comes out to be about 1081 for the lower end model and that includes tax with free shipping. But i just called apple and they told me they will accept the discount at their store, so i guess i could buy it at the store also.

Great! Go for it!