• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What if the mods had to.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
LOL, i just thought of this-

What if the mods were so devoted they had to correct it when people say "Imac" or "Emac" or "Ipod"?
LOL.
WHAT WOULD M-F BE LIKE?!?!!?

Stressed im sure. Well, mods at least......
lol. M-F would be the hitler of forums!!

Any other weird things to add?LOL.
This could get interesting.

Tanner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
I'm no expert on the vBulletin software but I bet they could probably do it pretty easy with some filters.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

What if the mods were so devoted they had to correct it when people say "Imac" or "Emac" or "Ipod"?
LOL.

Tanner.
:|
I'm no expert on the vBulletin software but I bet they could probably do it pretty easy with some filters.

Yes that is correct.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
If they corrected it when people said "Imac" or my favorite "I-POD" than I'd be fairly cool with it. It's just one of those things that annoys me even though I know it shouldn't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I think that if you curse on this forum, it should be changed to "Windows" or "Bill Gates".

Shut the Windows up you Bill Gates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jan 08 Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8 Core, 10GB Ram, 2.25TB, ATi Radeon 3870.
I think that if you curse on this forum, it should be changed to "Windows" or "Bill Gates".

x17. and no more infractions because i've had 2 so far and am so used to swearing on the forums and in real life that it's really hard to control.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
x17. and no more infractions because i've had 2 so far and am so used to swearing on the forums and in real life that it's really hard to control.

That's why there's a backspace and delete button. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jan 08 Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8 Core, 10GB Ram, 2.25TB, ATi Radeon 3870.
but i don't realize i did it until i get the infraction.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
These forums are kind of like a super-fancy board meeting where everyone MUST be on their absolute best behavior or else! I can understand not insulting other members as that is always bad, but I don't think there are too many children who lurk or post here and we've all heard the words. It's especially annoying when words like ess you see kay & see are ay pee get you an infraction and/or edited by a mod, but not if you've been around for awhile (favoritism?). I honestly hope I don't get banned for a day for expressing my opinions here.

Also as far as censoring words like "Ipod" or whatnot, I don't think vBulletin's censoring options are case-sensitive, but you could censor ALL instances of "ipod" no matter the case and replace it with "iPod". I suggested the censoring options for cuss words to Schweb but I received a blank reply (literally).

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
ahhhhhh, i forgot about filters!
Thats the Tech-Nol-Uh-Geh. These days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

LOL.

Tanner.

What would happen? We'd go insane. Besides, there are enough of you all who jump down their throats for doing it. :)

That would be completely juvenile.

You may want to expand your vocabulary if the only things you can use are curse words. ;D

These forums are kind of like a super-fancy board meeting where everyone MUST be on their absolute best behavior or else! I can understand not insulting other members as that is always bad, but I don't think there are too many children who lurk or post here and we've all heard the words. It's especially annoying when words like ess you see kay & see are ay pee get you an infraction and/or edited by a mod, but not if you've been around for awhile (favoritism?). I honestly hope I don't get banned for a day for expressing my opinions here.

Trust me, we don't play favorites, even the MoTMs have infractions, just ask them. ;) Honestly, there are thousands of posts here a day and not many of us, we can't read them all. If you see it, report it. Normally that's how we catch them is from other people reporting it. You only receive infractions for breaking our forum rules.

And to be completely honest Joe, you're full of it. We do not give out infractions for crap or sucks. Nor have you ever received one for using those words. Please don't twist the truth and outright lie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That would be completely juvenile.

Haha.

Oh yeah the current edits are way more mature. ;D

"how in the PURPLE RAINDEER do i edit these RIDE IN MY PINK CAR files!!!!"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Haha.

Actually the edits are an art form in and of themselves. You can frame them if you wish. :p

M

MacHeadCase

Yeah we really get our poetic brain cells into gear to come up with these. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Haha.

Love it Eric - have to work a little more to get to DB's skill level at 'em though. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Ya know, I'd hoped this thread would die. Given the absurdity of the idea in the original post, I chose to not respond until now.

I've been on lots of forums ranging on lots of topics. This one has a few rules, but they're pretty evenly enforced. No matter who you are, you break the rules, you pay the price. If you're civil and have an ability to express yourself, you should be fine.

Actually they are pretty devoted to providing a forum where people can exchange ideas and socialize, and not worry too much about how the rest of the membership will act. I'd also say that the general membership of Mac-Forums helps to make this a pleasant place to visit.

Just remember, there's always a real flesh and blood person behind each of these messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.