Uk Users......

Reaction score
Hi Uk Users.... Is it really worth getting a iPhone? Have people got bored with it etc just cant make my mind up whether to get one or not....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
can you afford it?

If not - the ipod touch gives you wireless internet, just not phone calls

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
I've got one & I love it, I had an n95 before that but had to keep returning it as it kept crashing all the time it was A great phone tho.

I certainly wouldn't think of going to anything else now I've got my iphone.

It depends what you want it for, I use mine a lot for work & the email functionality is amazing also the ipod & video playback are awesome but the best think about it is the internet access (which is free on iphone contract)

If you want it for camera however go for n95 as iphone cam is a bit crappy.

Just remember apple are constantly upgrading & adding new apps & features to iphone & this doesn't happen with any other unit.

OP
R
Reaction score
I've got one & I love it, I had an n95 before that but had to keep returning it as it kept crashing all the time it was A great phone tho.

I certainly wouldn't think of going to anything else now I've got my iphone.

It depends what you want it for, I use mine a lot for work & the email functionality is amazing also the ipod & video playback are awesome but the best think about it is the internet access (which is free on iphone contract)

If you want it for camera however go for n95 as iphone cam is a bit crappy.

Just remember apple are constantly upgrading & adding new apps & features to iphone & this doesn't happen with any other unit.

Know what you mean about apple upgrading all the time but do you think there upgrade to firmware can alter the cam? I really just dont know what to do to be honest as i am sick of my N95 it crash on me too and it gone away for repair at the moment as the left soft key has broke now....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
Know what you mean about apple upgrading all the time but do you think there upgrade to firmware can alter the cam? I really just dont know what to do to be honest as i am sick of my N95 it crash on me too and it gone away for repair at the moment as the left soft key has broke now....

The camera can be altered slightly with updates for sure as there is already an app for jail-broken iphones which I have used i think its called "camera pro" & it adds zoom feature, multiple bursts, self timer, color changes & other things, (why apple didn't include this from the start I have no idea) so apple could integrate these features in future updates, however the fact that the cam is only 2 mega pixels cannot be altered as this is the camera hardware itself so the picture quality I don't think can ever be improved without replacing the camera.

Reaction score
The camera can be altered slightly with updates for sure as there is already an app for jail-broken iphones which I have used i think its called "camera pro" & it adds zoom feature, multiple bursts, self timer, color changes & other things, (why apple didn't include this from the start I have no idea) so apple could integrate these features in future updates, however the fact that the cam is only 2 mega pixels cannot be altered as this is the camera hardware itself so the picture quality I don't think can ever be improved without replacing the camera.

There are plenty of decent 2MP cameras available.. I think the its a combination of the lens and the cmos sensor which are equally dire - a real drawback I think for having it. I reckon the 3G one when it comes out this year will have a 3-5MP camera. Possibly autofocus?

The early N95 software was terribl - released before it was stable - rushed out. It did improve as did the hardware, unfortunately many many people dumped it by then! Rubbish battery life tho.

I'm hoping for a 32GB iPod touch this year for me. Love the iphone/touch interface and the quality of the hardware. Just feels right.

Reaction score
As a big apple fan I was very interested when I saw the adverts for the iphone on tv. I havent changed my mobile phone for the past 3 years and was due a new one - i've always gone for mobiles that can handle emails as well as the usual texts etc so for me I wanted my new phone to be able to deal with the internet and email easily.

In the run upto Christmas, I spent many hours in the 02 store and Carphone Warehouse trying out the iphone and the competition! - and the iphone blew me away - nothing in my opinon comes close in terms of the touch screen and full internet and its an ipod touch!! It's light and slim and is a quality build upto apple's usual high standard.

Whilst im paying the £45 a month contract and insurance making the phone an expensive one - I love it and ive only had it one week and already cant be without it!! - hope this helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.