lots of users on my system??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
I have recently set up a small wireless network at home consisting of 2 iMacs. One a G5 and one a 2000 G3, both running OS X 10.4
When I went to shut down the G3 last night I got a message saying that 13 users were connected to my mac via Apple File Sharing and did I want to disconnect. Any ideas why it said there were 13 users and not one?
Thanks in advance.

M

MacHeadCase

*Moved to proper forum- Question is about Wireless networking and setup of network protection, not OS X Applications or Games*

OP
Simbad54
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ha ha, i just KNEW it would be you MHC!! Been a while. J'espere que tu vas bien et merci, j'etais pas sur ou je dois le mettre.

M

MacHeadCase

Pas de problème!

Étant complètement atrophiée dans mes connaissances en réseau, je préfère laisser les autres répondre à ta question. Désolée!

Je vais bien, j'espère que toi aussi ça va super! Une Bonne Année à toi!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I take it you have a Wireless (WIFI) router? Are you using any security like WEP, WPA or WPA2 or is it wide open?

OP
Simbad54
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm using an airport, and it's runnning WEP security. I know that's pretty easy to hack but I don't think my old iMac's airport card will do WPA(2). I just bought the card a couple of weeks ago.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.