setting up a playstation 3 using a eyetv hybrid

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
new top spec imac with 16 inch screen
Hi people!

Nice to get on here and ill be around a while!

My question is does anyone have any guidance on how to set my playstation 3 using a eyetv hybrid on a new mac? im not the best with computers and will be increasing my knowledge of my mac on this forum so please help me!

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.1 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB Ram
Not sure from your question what you want to do. Do you want to use your PS3 to stream television and other video to your TV? If you want iTV you need an Apple TV device. But if you want to stream video from your mac, through your PS3 to your TV, here's what you need.

1) Ensure you're PS3 is connected to your home network. You can do this wirelessly or through a direct connection to your router. The PS3 gives you fairly easy guidance on this.

2) Download and install EyeConnect (there's a free trial period). Make sure you activate EyeConnect (click on start). If you have completed step 1 properly, your PS3 should show up under devices in the EyeConnect menu. Make sure you check "activate".

3) Once connected you can scroll through the PS3 menu and it will prompt you to search for media servers. If you have connected successfully, it will tell you that the media servers are found. These are basically your music, photo and video files on your mac, there is no "server" per se.

4) The PS3 menu will then allow you to scroll through any saved material on your computer like your pictures, videos or music and display or play them as the case may be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
PeterC4 fairzy wants to play games on the hybrid via ps3.

Just use the AV Cables that came with the ps3 connect it to the hybrid via AV connections then plug it in to your mac should work

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes i want to play my ps3 on the mac by having it plugged into my hybrid but the cable that came with it doesnt have colour codes such as tv's do(i.e white, yellow, red)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.1 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB Ram
yes i want to play my ps3 on the mac by having it plugged into my hybrid but the cable that came with it doesnt have colour codes such as tv's do(i.e white, yellow, red)

It does come with those cables, at least mine did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes they should come with the cables you need on the hybrid side ps3 side you might need to buy extras

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
there definately isnt couloured wires with it! i will post what i received and pictures when i get home from work but thanks so far

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK but you shoud have a break out cable

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wat you on anmoldagreat where you get 16in screen from

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.