What's your favorite Linux Distro and why?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
What is your favorite Distribution and what are a few things you like about it?

My favorite distro so far has to be Kubuntu. The KDE interface and the ease of use with adept manger is great. It doesn't have any major problems either and the install was a lot smoother than with SuSE or Fedora 7. Right now it's setup to look very similar to OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I like ubuntu....
I prefer the gnome desktop over KDE

But, I have not tried kubuntu for awhile...
I think I'm going to make a new virtual machine and try it out again...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I used SUSE for many years, although Ubuntu us well done. Easy install is important to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I think this has been discussed before. Search may bring you some results.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think this has been discussed before. Search may bring you some results.

Ah, your right! I found one about 8 pages back in the search field. My mistake. It was more for first time users but the info was pretty similar.

As for gnome, I t feels really alien to me. I have no idea why though just something about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I don't like all the eye candy with KDE... I think gnome is a much cleaner interface

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
True KDE is a bit bloated. Suse was alright too. The package manager YAST seemed to be a bit of a pain, but then again kubuntu's isn't too much greater

Reaction score
My last distro before coming to Mac was Linspire. Loved it. I recently tried installing four different Linux Distro on a spare Mac HD but no success. SuSE would not load (told me not enough memory??!!), Ubuntu would not load at all, Fedora loaded but could not get the CDROM to work and same thing with Yellow Dog. Mac is light years ahead of Linux - at least in my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 GHz intel c2d, 2gb ram, xp and os x.6
I like arch. no easy install, but the documentation and forum support is amazing. enough that with no prior experience, I still got my os up and running and I ended up actually learning something about linux

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.