Airport Utility 5 Windows Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Does anyone know why the installer for the windows airport utility isn't availible on apple's site to download? I lost the cd when I moved and now I can't configure my airport extreme with my new thinkpad. Is the installer available somewhere else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I don't believe you can download it, although you can probably call Apple for a replacement CD.

OP
M
Reaction score
huh, I was under the impression that apple was fairly aware of 'the internet' and the conveniences it provides in transferring information.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
huh, I was under the impression that apple was fairly aware of 'the internet' and the conveniences it provides in transferring information.

Not really sure what "transferring information" has to do with you losing your CD. Call Apple, they can send a replacement.

Reaction score
You aren't the only one to find this omission annoying. google <APUtil.exe> and you will be rewarded with lots of frustrated stories of people trying to find the utility. There are lots of solutions in there too. But read them carefully, some are very sloppy hacks.

OP
M
Reaction score
Well I just got off the phone with apple support and their solution was to mail me cds which they felt were worth $18. So on top of having spent a couple hundred dollars on the base station there's that too. Of course I can download quicktime if I'm looking for some malware, but as far as the proprietary applications with which to use apple made products, no such luck.

Obviously none of this would be a problem if they used the standard web based interface to access the airport, but that would be faaaar too pedestrian.

Anyone with an airport extreme willing to make an image of their installation disc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyone with an airport extreme willing to make an image of their installation disc?

That is not only against the software EULA, but also our forum rules.

OP
M
Reaction score
uh, alright. another of those rules is that apple retains its infallibility and sells a bunch more overpriced computers, right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uh, alright. another of those rules is that apple retains its infallibility and sells a bunch more overpriced computers, right?

Nope, I'm not saying I agree with them not putting it up on the web. Just pointing out that what you're asking someone to do is not permitted under the EULA nor our forum rules.

If you can't accept that, then you may want to find another forum to participate in.

If you think Apple is so overpriced, then why did you buy any of their products? Seems counterintuitive to me.

OP
M
Reaction score
fortunately I didn't actually, that was a ploy to fit in. my roommate did and he has since lost the cd. he actually has fallen for all of it and owns a terrible mac mini and everything.

personally, all I've got is an ipod nano that I got in a gift exchange at work and given that I can use it with ephod rather than itunes its somewhat functional.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok well you clearly are just here to troll...and it was going so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.