Newbie watch out!

Reaction score
hey. as they name says. im a newbie. infact not ever owned a mac. but i am thinking about buying 1. was looking at getting a mini. maybe an imac as they look really gd. but was wondering. wat kind of upgrades could i get on the minis. i know the ram can be easy. but anything else? maybe a faster processor or something? Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
hey. as they name says. im a newbie. infact not ever owned a mac. but i am thinking about buying 1. was looking at getting a mini. maybe an imac as they look really gd. but was wondering. wat kind of upgrades could i get on the minis. i know the ram can be easy. but anything else? maybe a faster processor or something? Cheers

Welcome to the exciting world of buying a mac! lol :D

You can upgrade the mini to 2G of ram and 160G HD. As for the processor, it comes with the 1.83 or 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo.

The one with 2G of ram, 2.0 processor and the 160G HD will cost you around 1,024.00 (www.store.apple.com).
The good thing is you don't have to buy a new monitor (if you don't want to) you can use the monitor you are currently using with your PC.

What kind of work are you wanting to do on the macs?

OP
M
Reaction score
just genral. i dunno y i want 1. the interface looks great. how u get 160?? didnt relise u could upgrade the hard drive? i got a relitivly high spec dell. would i be better off with an imac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
just genral. i dunno y i want 1. the interface looks great. how u get 160?? didnt relise u could upgrade the hard drive?
Yep, you can up it to 160GB.
Build Your Mac Mini

i got a relitivly high spec dell. would i be better off with an imac?
You would be better off with an iMac!

Apple has 4 different iMac setups (2 of the 20" and 2 of the 24").
You can click the black "select" button on one of them and configure the way you would like it.
Build Your Apple iMac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.