Advantages of running windows on a mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 gb Ipod Touch
I am little confused about why people would want to run windows on thier mac using botcamp or parrels? what are the advantages of running windows?

Many thanks matt:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
We had a very similar thread not too long ago, you might want to check it out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
Well, one of the reasons that I do it (with Fusion) is because I've got a ton of expensive software that requires XP or Vista. To replace those applications with their Mac equivalents would cost as much as the MBP did, and in two cases, there are simply not equivalent replacements.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
1) Microsoft CRM from only runs in Microsoft Internet Exploder. It's surprising, I know.
2) There are no good Microsoft SQL Server clients, other than Microsoft's own Management Studio.
3) WinAmp + streamripper
4) It is more efficient to run multiple OSs on a single machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i have to run a windows only program for work, other than that program i dont really use windows at all

OP
MacintoshMatt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 gb Ipod Touch
By having windows running on a mac does this mean i can run any application i want evien if it was never designed for a mac?
do i have to buy a new windows version or can i use on the os cd i have used for my desktop?
there also seems to be many programs that offer the same program which one is the best.

thank you very much for the infomation i have provided and sorry if these sound like stupid questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
I think that it wont Activate if you put it on another comp, the license is usually for one computer as fare as I know

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
By having windows running on a mac does this mean i can run any application i want evien if it was never designed for a mac?
do i have to buy a new windows version or can i use on the os cd i have used for my desktop?
there also seems to be many programs that offer the same program which one is the best.

thank you very much for the infomation i have provided and sorry if these sound like stupid questions

Please search. This has all be discussed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.