contacts to iphone

Reaction score
Hey. I was just lookin for some help. I got an iphone for christmas and am having trouble transferring contacts from my previous fone. I had a sony ericsson w810i. I can't find out how in the crap to get my old contacts into microsoft outlook (yeah, windows user) to then send to the iphone. It sucks. I have alot of numbers and one by one will be very time consuming. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
Hey. I was just lookin for some help. I got an iphone for christmas and am having trouble transferring contacts from my previous fone. I had a sony ericsson w810i. I can't find out how in the crap to get my old contacts into microsoft outlook (yeah, windows user) to then send to the iphone. It sucks. I have alot of numbers and one by one will be very time consuming. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

If I read you right you have contacts on the sony. You need to get them into outlook so that you can sync the iphone and have the contact there. If that's right then I think you need to use the sony software to sync the w810i to outlook, then sync the iphone normally. (you would need to connect the w810i to the windows box with a usb, I don't think you can use bluetooth, but maybe IR.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I *think* you need to have your contacts in Mac Address Book to have them auto sync with the iPhone, no?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I thought that the iphone/touch/ipod syncs addresses with outlook on windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If using Windows, then yes, you can use Outlook. When on a Mac, then you can use Address Book. I was under the assumption he already had the contacts in Outlook and wanted to transfer them to his Mac to put into Address Book.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If using Windows, then yes, you can use Outlook. When on a Mac, then you can use Address Book. I was under the assumption he already had the contacts in Outlook and wanted to transfer them to his Mac to put into Address Book.

I thought that a first read but then...

I can't find out how in the crap to get my old contacts into microsoft outlook (yeah, windows user) to then send to the iphone.

I don't think it's that urgent, he hasn't been back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.