Networking a scanner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Ghz Intel Core Duo w/ 2 Gb of Ram
For xmas I received a Brother MFC-440cn printer/scanner/copier/fax machine and I'm attempting to get it networked through my router so I can move around with my macbook and not have to worry about hooking it up if I want to scan or print. I have the printing working perfectly however the scanning isn't going so well. I was attempting to use image capture to scan however when i bring the program up it says there is no image device connected. But when I open up browse devices in the devices menu the scanner shows up. It uses the TWAIN protocol by the way. If anyone has some experience with this please help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I have a brother mfc-5840cn. The software that came with it had a program call Control Center. That's what I use to scan over the network. Did it come with that?

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Ghz Intel Core Duo w/ 2 Gb of Ram
It did come with control center and I have started to mess around with that however I'm still having the problem of the printer saying "Check Connection" whenever i try to hit the scan button to get into scan mode

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I don't know if I have ever got that to work. Also there is a widget you can download from brother that shows the status.

l_b63e25094e945c00dbe720405ece0b09.png

Seems I'm restarting the printer as well.

http://welcome.solutions.brother.co...c440cn_all&type2=-1&os=81&flang=English&dlid=

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.