PDA

View Full Version : Dr Who

louishen
12-25-2007, 04:17 PM
I have noticed that there are a lot of people on here with Dr Who Avatars

How popular is it in N America ( and elsewhere)

Just watched the Christmas episode, Kylie Minogue looked rather nice

MacHeadCase
12-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Kylie Minogue, she's Aussie, yes?

I think she used to go out with Jacques Villeneuve.

I have to admit I have no idea of this TV show.

WolfsBane
12-26-2007, 11:24 AM
I've been a fan since the late 1970's. Still hold Tom Baker as the quintessential Doctor...

Jelly babies, anyone? ;-)

These last two actors portraying the part are doing a great job, though I feel that the stories need a little more work. This past year wasn't the greatest of seasons, story-wise. And, they are running the concept of him being the last time lord left to the ground. They are running themselves into a dead end by continuing that particular story line.

I heard there could be a possibility in seeing Billie Piper returning... any truth to this?

louishen
12-26-2007, 12:09 PM
The next season sees a new actress called Katherine Tate as his assistant (she's a comediene)

But, yes, Billie Piper and Freema Agyeman (Martha Jones) will appear in some episodes.

As for Billie Piper, she's just done a series called Belle de Jour about a call girl

morty192
12-26-2007, 12:21 PM
I actually thought this episode was real good cant wait for the next series i though the final episode of the last series was brilliant!

mac57
12-26-2007, 01:20 PM
I didn't realize that Dr. Who was still in live production. That is great news. And I agree that Tom Baker was the best of all the Drs I have seen to date.

joe.morgan
12-26-2007, 01:43 PM
The next season sees a new actress called Katherine Tate as his assistant (she's a comediene)l

I honestly can not stand that woman! even more of a reason not to watch it!

As for Billie Piper, she's just done a series called Belle de Jour about a call girl

thats a good book apparently, the misses loved it!

Village Idiot
12-26-2007, 01:56 PM
I used to watch the Afro doctor with my dad when I was a lot younger. The new series is pretty good though. I only catch episodes here and there, so it's not entirely beat to death with me yet. I think out of the new dr.'s, the real serious almost shaved head guy was my favorite.