• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

MPLAYER OSX - Subtitle issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16Ghz 120GB 1G Ram
Hi,
I am pretty new to MAC and learning some of the things the hard way. The Mplayer in OSX is very nice and is in comparison with VLC which is excellent. However I have 2 problems

1) The subtitles are not coming in MPLAYER OSX. I tried all the decoding set,setting the subtitle path to the .srt file, but still it did not work for .avi files or .mkv files (is the procedure the same for .avi and .mkv??)

2) I bought my macbook at bangkok thailand and some of the installed programs have their option menu in thai. This is a problem for my VLC since even after uninstalling and reinstalling the VLC.dmg file it still comes in thai.Is there something I am doing wrong? I dont see any option or guide for installing the VLC player in english(or atleast the options come in english.)

Thank you in advance for you help.

Regds,
ramsri

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.