PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or is I Am Legend better than the reviews?

ibookclamman300
12-22-2007, 03:34 PM
I thought it was awesome but I see reviews that are mostly B or less. I thought it was an A movie. Just thinking out loud.

Audio.Trench
12-22-2007, 03:50 PM
I've not seen it yet.. But I'm a huge fan of post-apocalyptic movies.. So my opinion will be slightly biased

baggss
12-22-2007, 08:07 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about this move from a number of people I know.

kman445
12-22-2007, 11:20 PM
I love this movie. me and my friend want to go see it again.

Brown Study
12-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Anyone see the Vincent Price original? Or the Charleton Heston remake?

I Am Legend is supposed to be the best of all of them, though that's a back-handed compliment in the case of the Price flick. In one scene he's driving a sedan, then suddenly it's a station wagon. :)

macjuicy23
12-23-2007, 12:25 AM
I must of seen a diffrent movie becuase I thought it had alot missing from the original The Omega Man, and between all of the short flashbacks and the ending I found it very Dull.... I am a real Movie Fan and i was excited for a longtime waiting on this movie and all I can say is I was very disapointed...

Kash
12-23-2007, 12:35 AM
Most of what I read is calling the movie mediocre whereas most of my friends say it's an amazing movie. I personally have seen the movie, but I think I'm going to stick with what my friends say.

I think I'm gonna go watch it tomorrow and judge it for myself.

Brown Study
12-23-2007, 02:10 AM
The Last Man on Earth (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058700/plotsummary) (1964)
Dr. Robert Morgan (Vincent Price) is the only survivor of a devastating world-wide plague due to a mysterious immunity he acquired to the bacterium while working in Central America years ago. He is all alone now...or so it seems. As night falls, plague victims begin to leave their graves, part of a hellish undead army that''s thirsting for blood...his! Written by Jeremy Lunt {durlinlunt@acadia.net} Looks like there was a made-for-TV version, too, after Omega Man, in 1999 or sump'an. Jeremy Lunt must have made a mint from the movie versions.

PowerBookG4
12-23-2007, 02:34 AM
personally i loved it... i thought it was a great movie, very well done and had a good plot line.

ibookclamman300
12-23-2007, 11:25 AM
well im glad im not alone on this one. :)

JeffreyLloyd
12-23-2007, 12:54 PM
SPOILER:

I liked the movie, but I think it could have been a lot better. I think everything after Robert was in the video store crying and asking the "girl" to say hello to him should be cut and redone.

The first part of the movie was amazing, the second have just sucked. I didn't like how they added new characters out of no where. And the ending seemed rushed,

I wish they would have stuck more closely to the book, that would have been amazing!

the8thark
12-23-2007, 01:20 PM
This looks like an awesome movie. And I'll see it when it comes here in Australia. Looks to be one of Smith's better ones. True as I am a smith fan and I think overall he's a good actor. And a few of the reviews here have been giving it like 4+ stars.

I agree with all of the above, I so want to see this one.

D3v1L80Y
12-23-2007, 01:54 PM
I Am Legend is supposed to be the best of all of them, though that's a back-handed compliment in the case of the Price flick. In one scene he's driving a sedan, then suddenly it's a station wagon. :)That's because he had to get a new car. There is a whole scene where he is picking it out at the vacant dealership. :)

jdgti
12-23-2007, 02:10 PM
I am going to see this tonight. excited !

KB3GZW
12-23-2007, 06:39 PM
I saw it and I thought it was not as good as I had hoped it would be. I love the "last man alive" idea and I think it could have been better.